Every year March is observed as the month of Reading in the UAE; it is marked by a rich and diverse calendar of engaging activities and sustainable initiatives that motivate the community to read with the aim of transforming reading into a daily habit for everyone and equip, with knowledge, a future generation capable of driving the perpetual growth journey of the UAE.
- Preserve the cultural, intellectual and knowledge-based achievements of the UAE and build an exemplary model for others to follow
- Encourage entities to initiate sustainable efforts that promote the culture of reading and ensure that the development of knowledge and culture is a priority on the annual agenda of both the public and private sectors.
- Enrich and support the knowledge and cultural infrastructure in UAE and build a future generation of leaders equipped with culture and knowledge.
- Encourage the community in UAE to read daily and advocate the culture of reading as part of the individual’s daily routine.
- Introduce creative and innovative initiatives to increase interest in reading, raise awareness and showcase its importance and value to the community in UAE.
Reading Month 2021 Identity
2021 Slogan: My Family Reads
- A study done by Emirates Publishers Association indicates that a relatively small number of parents in the United Arab Emirates read to their children or encourage them to do so. The study stresses the importance of parents’ role in encouraging their children to enjoy reading as they have a huge impact on them.
- A recent international study indicated that sharing the reading experience among the parents and children increases their bond together and help children to get better grades.
Objectives of the Reading Month 2021
- Supporting and enhancing the parents’ role in embedding the love of reading among children, to raise a positive generation that is passionate about reading and knowledge.
- Highlighting the importance of reading and emphasis on its huge role in early childhood development.
- Establishing a reading culture as a habit among society and strengthening its role as a key indicator of family bonding in Emirati society.
- Establishing a reading culture as an entertainment, discovery and inspiration among children.
- Continuing support for cultural initiatives and projects launched in the country to strengthen the role of the family and society in changing the reading behavior of individuals.
- Intensifying the efforts in the country during the Reading Month 2021 to launch campaigns and educational programs for parents on the importance of reading for their children and to promote positive early reading habits.
To download Visual Identity of Reading Month 20201 click here